- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
Pelosi mum on Weiner resignation reports
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi refused on Thursday to talk about the political future of embattled Rep. Anthony D. Weiner, who multiple media outlets were reporting will resign Thursday after a two-week scandal involving his sexually charged online relationships with several women.
“I’m not going to be responding to questions” about Mr. Weiner, Mrs. Pelosi, California Democrat, said during her weekly briefing with reporters at the Capitol. “We’ll have a chance to talk about this, but we’re not doing it before we have a decision from Mr. Weiner.”
“I’m not going to predicate any decision we haven’t heard yet,” said Mrs. Pelosi, who said previously that the married Brooklyn congressman should resign and even made a request to the House Committee on Ethics to conduct an investigation into the matter.
Several news outlets, citing anonymous sources, said Mr. Weiner called Mrs. Pelosi on Wednesday night to say he planned to announce his resignation at a Thursday-afternoon news conference he has scheduled in New York.
Mrs. Pelosi instead focused her news event on trade relations with China.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Sean Lengell covers Congress and national politics and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOP tests Democrats on college loan issue
- Lawmakers outside intelligence loop get miffed about briefing structure in Congress
- John Boehner: Time is right to bring latest farm bill to House floor
- Supreme Court nears rulings on key voting rights cases
- John Boehner demands answers on NSA, phone records
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow