- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
D.C. United tie L.A. Galaxy 0-0, extend unbeaten streak to five games
Question of the Day
CARSON, Calif. — The Los Angeles Galaxy played a scoreless draw with D.C. United on Friday night to extend their unbeaten streak to seven games and their shutout string to four matches and 411 minutes.
The Galaxy (8-2-6) played without scoring star Landon Donovan, away on U.S. national team duty.
D.C. United (4-4-4) is 2-0-3 in its last five games.
Charlie Davies nearly put United ahead in the 81st minute. Davies made his way behind the defense and dribbled around goalkeeper Josh Saunders, but an off-balance shot at an open net soared wide right.
Galaxy goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts and D.C. defender Dejan Jakovic also were missing because of international obligations.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq