- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
D.C. United tie L.A. Galaxy 0-0, extend unbeaten streak to five games
CARSON, Calif. — The Los Angeles Galaxy played a scoreless draw with D.C. United on Friday night to extend their unbeaten streak to seven games and their shutout string to four matches and 411 minutes.
The Galaxy (8-2-6) played without scoring star Landon Donovan, away on U.S. national team duty.
D.C. United (4-4-4) is 2-0-3 in its last five games.
Charlie Davies nearly put United ahead in the 81st minute. Davies made his way behind the defense and dribbled around goalkeeper Josh Saunders, but an off-balance shot at an open net soared wide right.
Galaxy goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts and D.C. defender Dejan Jakovic also were missing because of international obligations.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014