- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Winnipeg NHL team sells 13,000 season tickets
Question of the Day
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA (AP) - Fans in Winnipeg are showing just how excited they are to have NHL hockey back, helping the club hit its goal of 13,000 season tickets sold in a matter of minutes.
In announcing its purchase and relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers this week, True North Sports and Entertainment said it hoped to sell 13,000 season tickets before the NHL Board of Governors votes to approve the transaction on June 21.
The tickets sold out Saturday in just 17 minutes, but the company said the online queue was full in two minutes. The remaining 15 minutes were required to process the sales.
For the previous three days, only the 2,000 or so fans who had season tickets to the American Hockey League’s Manitoba Moose could buy seats for the NHL team. As of Friday, those fans bought more than 7,100 season tickets.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors