- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
BOOK REVIEW: President Obama’s destructive agenda
“The Blueprint” reminds us compulsory civilian service (“involuntary servitude”) violates the 13th Amendment to the Constitution and that “the worst regimes in the world have had such organizations [the Gestapo and KGB are cited].” Nonetheless, the book acknowledges it is difficult to discuss the matter because such talk conjures up “‘black helicopter’ conspiracy theories.” But when three administration officials, including the president himself, prompt such thoughts by their own words, shouldn’t they be required to spell out exactly what they mean?
On immigration, the authors favor constructive ways in which temporary alien residents can contribute but contend that amnesty for illegals would forever turn America into a socialist state.
They charge the administration is embracing a militant secular culture and seeks (through media control) to “imprison your mind.”
If a conservative is in the White House starting in 2013, given possible retirements and replacements, there is an excellent chance we will get the first solidly conservative Supreme Court since 1936. On the other hand, if Mr. Obama is re-elected, this book predicts “we will not only have the most liberal Court, but it will be the most liberal in history. And we will have this liberal Court for at least a quarter-century.”
If that alone doesn’t galvanize the right, it’s difficult to fathom what will.
Wes Vernon, a veteran broadcast journalist, is a Washington-based writer. His column appears regularly at RenewAmerica.com.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist