- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Hart secure with Brewers after big season
Question of the Day
Hart hit .360 over the 20 games with two homers and 17 RBIs by staying patient. His patience paid off in negotiations, too.
The Brewers agreed to the three-year contract extension through 2013 a few weeks later, the biggest reward for the former 11th-round pick in 2000.
“It’s very stressful trying to deal with what happened last year and all of a sudden, I’ve got this offseason, it’s hard to explain, it’s so stress free and relaxed and I was able to step back and look at what happened and do my own thing this year,” he said.
It’s all the more gratifying for him that he did it himself and didn’t take an easy way out by whining or demanding a trade last spring.
“It was a learning experience more than anything. You looked at how things could’ve played out,” he said. “Pressure’s tough. Everything can get to you. To be able to fight through that, I thought it was pretty cool I could bounce back like that.”
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Economists see signs of another market bubble
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs