Radio host Catherwood 'Dancing' into sunset
Radio host Mike Catherwood is the first celebrity voted off the new season of "Dancing With the Stars," according to the Associated Press.
Mr. Catherwood drew the lowest score when the audience vote was combined with the judges' tally on the hit ABC series.
His exit Tuesday leaves 10 contestants, including high-scoring Ralph Macchio of "Karate Kid" fame. Others in the field are Kirstie Alley, talk-show host Wendy Williams, actress Chelsea Kane, singer Romeo, reality star Kendra Wilkinson, model Petra Nemcova and athletes Sugar Ray Leonard, Hines Ward and Chris Jericho.
Paris Hilton insists she is 'the original'
Paris Hilton, the woman who perfected the art of being famous for being famous, says she has met all of her professional goals, Associated Press reports.
The heiress-turned-TV star, who was in Mexico Tuesday to promote a new line of shoes, says she doesn't fear being overshadowed by Kim Kardashian or any other reality-show rival with her own fragrance, B-movies, sex tape and autobiography, all by age 30.
"There's so many people out there who try to imitate what I do, but I am the original," Miss Hilton said in an interview with the Associated Press. "There is nothing like me."
The socialite, who started her career as a model and has tried her hand in movies, fashion and singing, is shooting her latest reality TV show, "The World According to Paris," which will debut this spring on the Oxygen cable channel.
"The show's everything about my life, showing the businesswoman," Miss Hilton said.
She angrily dismissed questions about whether her life is superficial.
"I thought we were talking about the shoes," she said.
Her shoe collection is the latest addition to a lucrative empire that lends her name to 17 lines of products from handbags and fragrances to clothing.
"I have done everything that I wanted to do, and I feel very blessed that I have been very successful on every area," Miss Hilton said. "So it's very exciting. There is nothing else to do."
'SportsCenter' anchor Elliott replaces 'GMA's' Chang
"SportsCenter" anchor Josh Elliott will replace JuJu Chang as news reader on "Good Morning America," ABC News President Ben Sherwood announced Wednesday morning, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Miss Chang is going to "Nightline," where she'll be anchoring many of the late-night news show's 13 prime-time hours.
This is the first "GMA" shakeup since James Goldston took over from longtime executive producer Jim Murphy last month.
"GMA" co-host Robin Roberts is also an alum of Disney-owned ESPN.
Rights to Golden Globe at center of federal lawsuit
The longtime producer of the Golden Globe Awards has asked a federal judge to uphold its broadcast deal with NBC, arguing that it helped restore the show's reputation after a scandal in the early 1980s, the Associated Press reports.
Dick Clark Productions and the show's organizers, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), are locked in a federal lawsuit over who owns broadcast rights to the glitzy awards show, which draws in millions of viewers each year. The HFPA sued the production company last year, claiming that it had sold the broadcast rights to the show through 2018 without proper permission.
Attorneys for Dick Clark Productions, also known as dcp, however, claim they have rights to produce the show as long as it airs on NBC.
They wrote in a filing Monday that the production company spent years restoring the reputation of the show after controversy about whether an award was improperly bestowed knocked the Globes off major networks for a decade. CBS canceled its broadcasts of the show after the HFPA gave Pia Zadora a best-newcomer award reportedly after intense lobbying by her husband.
The filing references the Zadora controversy and claims HFPA is attempting to cut the production company out of its share of profits now that it "has built the Golden Globe Awards show into a highly lucrative production generating millions of dollars annually for the HFPA."
A federal judge will determine who owns the broadcast rights during a trial scheduled to begin in September. The association has said it needs to have the issue decided with enough time to solicit a new producer and broadcaster if it wins.
"Simply stated, those facts are that dcp licensed NBC seven years of television broadcast rights to the Golden Globe Awards Show that dcp did not have," HFPA attorney Linda J. Smith wrote in a statement in response to the filing.
After the CBS cancellation, the Golden Globes were taped for several years and eventually returned to a live broadcast on the cable network TBS. It has aired on NBC since 1993, which dcp claims is a result of its reputation and work to restore the show's luster.
Seventeen million people watched the ceremony this year, according to the Nielsen Co.
'Mad Men' fifth season delayed until 2012
AMC says "Mad Men" definitely is coming back, but the new season won't be on the air until 2012, Associated Press reports.
The network's announcement on Tuesday came amid reports of ongoing negotiations between Lionsgate, the studio that produces the series, and its creator-executive producer, Matthew Weiner.
The announcement took note of the delayed start in shooting the new season, which will be the series' fifth. In the past, "Mad Men" has aired in the summer or early fall.
The much-acclaimed drama stars Jon Hamm as an advertising executive and divorced family man working in Manhattan in the 1960s.
• Compiled from web and wire reports