- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
Longtime Yankees trainer Monahan to retire
Now, when Monahan looks around the clubhouse, he sees guys like Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera who formed the bedrock of the Yankees‘ 1990s renaissance _ and he realizes that they too are nearing the conclusion of their playing careers.
“One of my favorite people in the world,” Posada said. “Everything he’s done for me, for my family, for everyone else _ he always treats everyone the same.”
“I admire his discipline, determination, his love and his passion,” Rivera said. “He decided to retire and enjoy the rest of his life. There’s nothing wrong with that.”
Monahan said he plans to move to North Carolina _ right between where he grew up in South Florida and his adopted home of New York, and in the heart of his beloved NASCAR country.
He called himself “a dreamer,” and he’s thought plenty about the future.
“I need to have a dog, need to have a house, need to have a yard and a garden, maybe a pickup truck,” Monahan said. “So I’m moving down South, that’s where I’m going to live, but the Yankees will always be my family. They have been since I was 17 years old.”
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- White House is obstructing probe on Navy Yard shooter, NSA leaker, Darrell Issa says
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Colorado revolt: 55 of 62 sheriffs refuse to enforce new gun laws
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow