- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Cal names Zach Maynard starting QB
Question of the Day
The fact that Tedford decided to call Maynard into his office earlier this week and deliver the news _ as opposed to waiting until fall camp _ was only further proof that Cal wants the speedy, elusive quarterback to lead them into what was already a year of change for the program. Besides the opener at Candlestick, Cal will play home games this season across the bay at the San Francisco Giants’ home, AT&T Park, while Memorial Stadium is renovated.
Maynard, who has two years of eligibility remaining, was still coming to grips with the opportunity to shine in the inaugural Pac-12 season.
“I was really excited. Just a huge relief off my shoulders,” Maynard said. “Now I can focus on getting in that film room, weight room and getting better over time.
“I’m not going to take it as I am starting because we have a long way toward the season coming,” he added. “We have summer camp. We have workouts and conditioning right now. So I’ve got to stay on top of everything like I’m not the starter, like I’m working for a job. I’ve got to take it more serious now.”
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow