- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
HURT: Sarah of Alaska fits Joan of Arc role as 2012 possibility
RAPIDAN, Va. — On the very weekend America paused to remember all those whose sacrifices are the blood fruit of our freedom, rolling in like thunder, clad in black leather, was yet another red-white-and-blue bundle of American sacrifice and patriotism.
Just in time to ensure that no backyard barbecue anywhere in America was without joy, debate, rancor, confusion, fist-fights, something.
Back into our lives rode Sarah of Alaska, Maid of the Bering Sea, devoured, ogled and debated by the masses.
She is our modern Joan of Arc, dressed in black leather chaps, hunting camo or fishing boat slicker, unafraid to mount her steed, whether a Harley or a snow machine. She is a woman, bloody hands, capable of any man’s task — even that Holy Grail of politics with which no woman has ever been entrusted.
This is why she submitted to a two-hour documentary about the life and times of Sarah Palin, an Arc-umentary that begins in the wilds of small town Alaska and ends — well, we don’t know yet.
In it, we will learn how she routed out the old boys club in Alaska. How she ferreted out corruption and went on a jihad against wasteful spending. All this while mothering a family — grizzly-style — and remaining the most popular governor in the U.S.
Maybe the story ends with her running a common-sense, intensely patriotic presidential campaign against an academic silk-stocking gasbag whose only apparent talent seems to be talking — and even that hasn’t been going so well lately.
Or, perhaps, the story ends with her selling her political views town to town, carny barker-style — enraging, entertaining and inspiring.
All we do know at this point is that Sarah of Alaska’s story has her rumbling into town on a Harley Davidson over the weekend, sparking grill-side feuds all across America on Memorial Day.
Is she going to run? Is she just selling her next book? Is she a modern-day founder midwifing America’s rebirth? Or, is she the false patriot that George Washington warned us about who would usurp our applause while betraying our values?
At this point, even those of us inclined to like her are not entirely sure what to make of her or what she is up to.
But we certainly love the way she enrages the media. She is loathed by all the right hate-filled people. She inspires fury among klepto-liberals who cannot abide dissenting opinion and would not lift a finger to protect other people’s freedom.
About the Author
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- HURT: The Rev. Al Sharpton: Once just a race hustler, now a snitching race hustler
- HURT: Baseball gives way to whine-ball
- HURT: Do liberals understand anything about operating a business?
- HURT: $75K a day over a pond: Your corrupt EPA thugs at work
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- John Edwards back in court this time as a lawyer for Va. boy's malpractice case
- Pentagon extends deployment of fighter jets to Poland
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.