- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No longer divided by race, but values
Michelle Malkin is right: It is Allen West, Herman Cain and Katrina Pierson who are “our people.” For regardless of color or creed, they believe in the virtues and values of our great land. They embrace it and stand ready to defend it.
They have become the brunt of objection by the illiberal elect who, far from being “democratic,” are biased by race and resentful of this apparent awakening, which would deny them their mechanism for imposing statism into every corner of our lives.
For this reason, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and his boss, President Obama, in a seething rage of self-hate, resent those who would betray the “struggle” and the divisive policies meant to “get even” for the grievances against our land.
Mr. Holder’s notion of his “people” remains the straw dog by which he can rationalize policies meant to betray and countermand the origins of our nation.
His “people” are the same as the imaginary crowd who Mr. Obama defended by calling out the Cambridge police officer for bias in arresting his belligerent black professor without reference to the facts.
It is on behalf of those same “people” that his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, would vilify America in the name of his radical liberation theology, declaring post-Sept. 11 that “our chickens have come home to roost.”
Ugly? Yes, but this is the truth that makes the progressive sink his villainous teeth into our freedom so that we pay for the confused rationalizations of their radical minds.
ROBERT F. AGOSTINELLI
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school