- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No longer divided by race, but values
Michelle Malkin is right: It is Allen West, Herman Cain and Katrina Pierson who are “our people.” For regardless of color or creed, they believe in the virtues and values of our great land. They embrace it and stand ready to defend it.
They have become the brunt of objection by the illiberal elect who, far from being “democratic,” are biased by race and resentful of this apparent awakening, which would deny them their mechanism for imposing statism into every corner of our lives.
For this reason, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and his boss, President Obama, in a seething rage of self-hate, resent those who would betray the “struggle” and the divisive policies meant to “get even” for the grievances against our land.
Mr. Holder’s notion of his “people” remains the straw dog by which he can rationalize policies meant to betray and countermand the origins of our nation.
His “people” are the same as the imaginary crowd who Mr. Obama defended by calling out the Cambridge police officer for bias in arresting his belligerent black professor without reference to the facts.
It is on behalf of those same “people” that his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, would vilify America in the name of his radical liberation theology, declaring post-Sept. 11 that “our chickens have come home to roost.”
Ugly? Yes, but this is the truth that makes the progressive sink his villainous teeth into our freedom so that we pay for the confused rationalizations of their radical minds.
ROBERT F. AGOSTINELLI
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Get Breaking Alerts
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Solution to Cyprus dispute is no 'mistake'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's real wealth redistribution scheme
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare numbers nothing to celebrate
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unanswered bus-crash questions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lerner won't face meaningful punishment