- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No longer divided by race, but values
Question of the Day
Michelle Malkin is right: It is Allen West, Herman Cain and Katrina Pierson who are “our people.” For regardless of color or creed, they believe in the virtues and values of our great land. They embrace it and stand ready to defend it.
They have become the brunt of objection by the illiberal elect who, far from being “democratic,” are biased by race and resentful of this apparent awakening, which would deny them their mechanism for imposing statism into every corner of our lives.
For this reason, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and his boss, President Obama, in a seething rage of self-hate, resent those who would betray the “struggle” and the divisive policies meant to “get even” for the grievances against our land.
Mr. Holder’s notion of his “people” remains the straw dog by which he can rationalize policies meant to betray and countermand the origins of our nation.
His “people” are the same as the imaginary crowd who Mr. Obama defended by calling out the Cambridge police officer for bias in arresting his belligerent black professor without reference to the facts.
It is on behalf of those same “people” that his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, would vilify America in the name of his radical liberation theology, declaring post-Sept. 11 that “our chickens have come home to roost.”
Ugly? Yes, but this is the truth that makes the progressive sink his villainous teeth into our freedom so that we pay for the confused rationalizations of their radical minds.
ROBERT F. AGOSTINELLI
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops