- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No longer divided by race, but values
Michelle Malkin is right: It is Allen West, Herman Cain and Katrina Pierson who are “our people.” For regardless of color or creed, they believe in the virtues and values of our great land. They embrace it and stand ready to defend it.
They have become the brunt of objection by the illiberal elect who, far from being “democratic,” are biased by race and resentful of this apparent awakening, which would deny them their mechanism for imposing statism into every corner of our lives.
For this reason, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and his boss, President Obama, in a seething rage of self-hate, resent those who would betray the “struggle” and the divisive policies meant to “get even” for the grievances against our land.
Mr. Holder’s notion of his “people” remains the straw dog by which he can rationalize policies meant to betray and countermand the origins of our nation.
His “people” are the same as the imaginary crowd who Mr. Obama defended by calling out the Cambridge police officer for bias in arresting his belligerent black professor without reference to the facts.
It is on behalf of those same “people” that his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, would vilify America in the name of his radical liberation theology, declaring post-Sept. 11 that “our chickens have come home to roost.”
Ugly? Yes, but this is the truth that makes the progressive sink his villainous teeth into our freedom so that we pay for the confused rationalizations of their radical minds.
ROBERT F. AGOSTINELLI
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow