- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
9/11 tribute to open PBS’ Memorial Day concert
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A tribute to the victims of the Sept. 11 terror attacks will open the 27th annual PBS National Memorial Day Concert on the Capitol lawn in Washington.
Organizers said in a statement that the segment would remember "those who lost their lives that day, and their loved ones, and commemorating the heroism of the firemen and policemen who first responded." The event will also continue the tradition of honoring soldiers and their families.
"CSI: New York" star Gary Sinise and "Criminal Minds" star Joe Mantegna (mahn-TAYN'-yuh) will host the event, which will also feature performances and appearances by "American Idol" finalist Pia Toscano, eighth season "Idol" champion Kris Allen, "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior" star Forest Whitaker and gospel singer Yolanda Adams.
PBS will broadcast the concert live May 29.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors