- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
OT Gilbert, RB Moore out for Steelers
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Steelers rookie tackle Marcus Gilbert will miss Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4), meaning Pittsburgh (3-2) will start its sixth different combination of offensive linemen in six games.
Former starting left tackle Jonathan Scott will start in Gilbert's place on the right side. Gilbert injured his right shoulder three weeks ago in a win at Indianapolis and aggravated the injury last week against Tennessee. Scott _ since replaced at left tackle when Max Starks was signed last week _ came in for Gilbert at right tackle.
Third-down running back Mewelde Moore also was ruled out for Sunday, meaning those duties will fall to Isaac Redman or Jonathan Dwyer. Redman started last week in place of Rashard Mendenhall, who will return. In his second career game, Dwyer had 107 rushing yards.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq