You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

AP source: Man City drops accusation against Tevez

LONDON (AP) - A person familiar with the situation says Manchester City has accepted Carlos Tevez's insistence that he did not refuse to enter as a substitute during a Champions League game.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because the team investigation is continuing. Tevez is attending a disciplinary hearing Friday, cited for a lesser infraction of refusing to resume warming up.

City manager Roberto Mancini said Tevez refused to come off the bench during last month's 2-0 loss at Bayern Munich.

The striker was suspended for two weeks during a City investigation. He blamed a misunderstanding, deeming it unnecessary to warm up after saying he had already done so.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Get Adobe Flash player