- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
College Football Today
Question of the Day
_Landry Jones, Oklahoma, threw for a school-record 505 yards and five touchdowns to lead the 11th-ranked Sooners to a 58-17 rout over No. 10 Kansas State.
_James Franklin, Missouri, ran for two scores and threw for two more, including an 11-yarder to Marcus Lucas in overtime to lift the Tigers to a 38-31 win over No. 16 Texas A&M.
_Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State, set career-highs by running for 152 yards and four TDs in the third-ranked Cowboys’ 59-24 win over Baylor.
_Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State, matched his career best with 13 catches for 172 yards and two scores in a 59-24 win over Baylor.
_Robert Griffin III, Baylor, threw for 425 yards in the Bears’ 59-24 loss to No. 3 Oklahoma State.
_Dan Persa, Northwestern, threw for 261 yards and three TDs a 59-38 rout of Indiana.
_EJ Manuel, Florida State, threw for 321 yards and two scores in a 34-0 win over North Carolina State.
_Kurt Hess, Youngstown State, threw for four TDs and ran for another in a 56-14 rout over Western Illinois.
_Mordecai Cargill, Yale, ran for a career-high 230 yards and two TDs in a 16-13 win over Columbia.
_A.J. Graham, Marshall, passed for 239 yards and had four of his five TDs in the first half in a 59-14 rout over Alabama-Birmingham.
_Kevin Decker, New Hampshire, had 335 yards of total offense and scored the go-ahead touchdown in a 31-24 win over Rhode Island.
_Rex Burkhead, Nebraska, scored three TDs and ran for 130 yards to help the No. 13 Cornhuskers beat ninth-ranked Michigan State 24-3 to take control of the Big Ten Legends Division.
_Mike DeWitt, Air Force, scored three of his career-high four touchdowns in the first half to lead the Falcons to a 42-0 victory over New Mexico.
_Eric Breitenstein, Wofford, rushed for 217 yards and four TDs in a 48-28 victory over Elon.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow