- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Perry: Obama ‘appeasement’ hurts Israel in Palestinian clash
Elliot Abrams, who served under presidents George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, told the House Foreign Affairs Committee last week that “some programs are very much in our own interest and Israel‘s, such as the security programs” and that “defunding them right now would make life harder for Israelis and Palestinians alike.”
Whatever the case, Mr. Perry said that in order for talks to proceed Palestinian leaders must affirm Israel’s right to exist and to exist as a Jewish state, and persuade Hamas to renounce all acts of terrorism and to release captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. Finally, they should seek statehood solely through direct negotiations with Israel, he said.
“By not insisting on these principles, the Obama administration has appeased the ‘Arab street’ at the expense of our own national security interests,” he said.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- KEENE: Nelson Mandela's legacy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!