- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
White looks to be more than a decoy for Falcons
Question of the Day
With all the attention on White and Jones, the Falcons turned to their other offensive weapons. Namely, tight end Tony Gonzalez (seven catches, 83 yards, two TDs) and running back Michael Turner (21 carries for 114 yards, plus a 32-yard reception).
“That’s the beauty of it,” Gonzalez said. “In the ideal offense, you want to be a good, balanced team where the defense doesn’t know who’s going to get the ball.”
Considering the way the offense played against the Eagles, Gonzalez said it’s only natural to expect Tampa Bay will put more defenders in the box to slow the running game and slant its coverages toward the middle of the field, where the tight end was able to do so much damage.
If that happens, look for White and Jones to finally break loose.
“I’m sure Tampa will have something ready for me,” Gonzalez said. “I would guess they’ll want to take me out of the game, which is fine. Julio is going to have some plays, and Roddy is one of the best receivers in the league. It’s just a matter of time before he explodes like he always does.”
White is ready to shine.
“I hope this is the one where I go out there and catch eight or nine balls for over 100 yards,” he said “That would be a good game for me. I expect to go out there and do a little something.”
Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq