- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Whitford, Lithgow in play reading on Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - A new play about the legal battle over same-sex marriage in California keeps attracting big-name talent.
Producers announced Thursday that the cast of “8” will include John Lithgow, Rory O’Malley, Bradley Whitford, Bob Balaban, Matt Bomer, Campbell Brown and Larry Kramer.
That’s on top of cast members already revealed, including Anthony Edwards, Morgan Freeman, Cheyenne Jackson, Christine Lahti, Rob Reiner, Yeardley Smith and Marisa Tomei.
The play, by Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, will be performed as part of a fundraiser at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre for one night only _ Sept. 19.
Proposition 8 is the measure approved by California voters in 2008 that bans gay marriage in the state. A federal judge struck down the law last year.
The play is based on the trial transcript and interviews.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.