- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
Miles not promising time for backups vs Demons
Question of the Day
Northwestern’s ability to score its first points against LSU will hinge on quarterback Brad Henderson. Against Delta State, he did not start but wound up leading the Demons to four scores in their first five offensive series of the second half, completing his first 13 passes for 210 yards and a touchdown. The performance helped the Demons overcome a 17-0 halftime deficit for a 24-23 win.
Henderson is slated to start this week after junior quarterback Paul Harris, who started the season opener but struggled, was suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. Peveto has not said when Harris will be reinstated.
What matters to Peveto most this weekend is that his players relish the experience of playing in Tiger Stadium, compete hard, get better _ and stay healthy with their entire Southland Conference schedule still to play.
“If you’re a football player that grew up in Louisiana, or anywhere, really, in the Southeast, you understand SEC football and LSU football. So it’s going to be a great opportunity,” Peveto said. “I can try to describe it, but until our guys hit that field and experience the thrill of Tiger Stadium, what I say won’t do it justice.
“Hopefully, we can earn their respect with the way we compete.”
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow