- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
View from the top is a rare one for Nationals in April
Slow starts have been the norm
Question of the Day
“They’re just reinforcing what we all believe,” Johnson said. “There’s still a lot of battles to go. We haven’t won nothing. But weve proven we can play with anybody we go up against.”
Added Zimmerman: “The best thing we have going is we understand it’s early. We’re not really taking this, I don’t know, over the top. … Hey, keep playing like were playing, but don’t get carried away.”
• Reliever Brad Lidge reported a series of exercises rotating his head helped clear up vertigo that bothered him earlier this week. The vertigo wasnt as intense as Lidge experienced previously, but it lasted for days instead of the usual hours. “When I’d wake up it was really bad, but by the end of the day it got a lot better,” Lidge said. “I’m glad it’s gone now. That’d be a pain in the butt to linger.”
• Utilityman Steve Lombardozzi started at shortstop Thursday to give Ian Desmond a “mental break.” Johnson, though, didn’t exactly rave about how Lombardozzi fields the position: “He’s adequate. … Ive had a lot worse out there.”
Amanda Comak contributed to this report.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Declassified cables from Berlin Wall tell tale of drama, dare,
- Judge denies settlement motion in NFL concussion lawsuit
- Jay Gruden's long and winding road to Washington
- FENNO: Championship game provides an opportunity to listen to those who play
- FENNO: For Redskins, nonsensical is the new normal
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world