- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Officer appears in celebrity `bling ring’ movie
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles police officer who solved the so-called "Bling Ring" celebrity break-ins case is playing himself in a movie about the investigation.
Filmmaker Sofia Coppola hired veteran LAPD Officer Brett Goodkin as a technical adviser on "The Bling Ring," which is based on a band of young people charged with stealing $3 million worth of goods from the homes of Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and others.
The Los Angeles Times ( http://lat.ms/J2Z4Uv) says Goodkin also plays himself in the movie. A recently filmed scene shows him slapping handcuffs on a suspect played by Emma Watson.
But trials are still pending for three defendants in the case and Goodkin's testimony is likely to be critical.
He never notified prosecutors about his work on the movie.
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.