- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
N. Korea preparing rocket launch, atomic bomb test
Question of the Day
North Korea is readying a long-range rocket launch that could occur this week, while South Korean officials say the secretive, totalitarian regime also is preparing a nuclear weapons test.
Over the weekend, North Korean officials unveiled to the world’s press its three-stage Unha-3 rocket on its launch pad at the Sohae Satellite Station.
The officials say the launch, set for sometime between April 12 and 16, will put a communications and weather satellite in orbit. But Western experts suspect the launch is a cover for a ballistics missile test with military applications.
On Monday, a South Korean intelligence report circulated to Western media outlets said the North is preparing to conduct an underground test of an atomic bomb.
Satellite photos show preparations being carried out at a special facility used for North Korea’s previous underground nuclear tests, the report said.
North Korea is barred by U.N. resolutions from testing ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq