- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Source: Nicki Minaj close to signing on for ‘Idol’
NEW YORK (AP) - Nicki Minaj sings about “Starships,” but is she a star-maker? The singer-rapper could be joining the ranks of “American Idol” judges.
A person close to Minaj said Monday the 29-year-old entertainer has been in talks to judge the Fox TV competition and that a deal is in the works. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because that person was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.
The Fox network said it had no comment.
If Minaj signs on, she would join Mariah Carey as a new judge on “Idol,” which returns in January. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced their exits from the show last month.
Minaj _ known for her colorful hairstyles, wardrobe and antics _ is best known for hits like “Super Bass,” “Starships” and “Turn Me On” with David Guetta.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/musicmesfin
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again