Continued from page 1

NBC Universal is trying to improve its financial performance under the ownership of Comcast Corp., which bought the entertainment company last year.

Mr. Leno had been making $25 million to $30 million annually as the host of “The Tonight Show.” His salary will be reduced to about $20 million after making the concessions. Mr. Leno also brings in substantial income touring as a stand-up comedian.

Several other “The Tonight Show” staffers also absorbed pay cuts.

The show’s cost-cutting measures were first reported by Deadline Hollywood, a website that tracks the entertainment industry.

Despite its solid ratings, “The Tonight Show” hasn’t been a big moneymaker. That prompted the cuts Friday, which are expected to trim the program’s weekly budget by about $600,000, or 25 percent, to $1.7 million.

‘Live With Kelly’ co-host 
to be named Sept. 4

The producers of “Live With Kelly” said a new co-host will be revealed on the show Sept. 4, according to the Associated Press.

Disney-ABC Domestic Television said Monday that Kelly Ripa will officially announce her new partner as he or she joins her on stage that morning. By then, Miss Ripa will have welcomed 59 guest co-hosts since Regis Philbin retired from the show in November. The company said the new host will come from that large pack.

The day before the big revelation, Miss Ripa will host the show solo for the first time.

Mr. Philbin, who created the show, exited at age 80 after presiding more than 28 years alongside several co-hosts. Miss Ripa became his on-air partner in 2001.

‘Mentalist’ actress sues
 over sexual harassment claim

A former background actress on CBS’ “The Mentalist” has sued producer Warner Bros. Television and its casting service, claiming her role was reduced and eventually eliminated when she complained about a daily barrage of sexually charged comments directed at her by a fellow employee.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Shanelle Howard, who said she had performed as a stand-in and background actress on the hit Simon Baker procedural drama since it launched in 2008, filed suit Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Warner Bros. Television; the fellow employee, Lonnie Moore; and GEP Cencast, the casting agency that handles background actors on the show. Miss Howard said she had been a GEP employee since 2001.

The actress claims Mr. Moore subjected her to “a daily barrage of sexually based comments and unsuitable conduct” while working on the show, including statements such as “I’m married but that doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun,” “Are you wearing thongs today or nothing at all?” and “It’s just sex; stop being so uptight and give me some.”

Miss Howard also claims she was subjected to physical harassment.

Story Continues →