- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Athletics turn triple play against Twins
Question of the Day
OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP) - The Oakland Athletics turned the third triple play in the major leagues this season during the fifth inning of Tuesday night’s game against the Minnesota Twins.
Justin Morneau and Ryan Doumit singled against A’s starter Brett Anderson before Trevor Plouffe hit a sharp grounder to Oakland third baseman Josh Donaldson. Donaldson stepped on the bag, then made a quick relay to second baseman Adam Rosales, who threw to first baseman Chris Carter to complete the 5-4-3 triple play.
Rosales was making just his fifth start of the season after Oakland demoted Jemile Weeks to the minors before the game.
It’s the 21st triple play in franchise history and the first by the A’s since Randy Velarde’s unassisted triple play against the New York Yankees on May 29, 2000.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq