- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
MEANS: Romney-Ryan ticket is history-shaping choice
Americans deciding the world’s economic future
Question of the Day
If Mr. Obama wins, investment capital will stay exactly where it is — on the sidelines. The U.S. economy will worsen, as will Europe’s and Asia’s. The U.S. budget deficit and debt will skyrocket. There will be no way to dig ourselves out so we will become bankrupt. Unemployment will go up. The poor and young looking for jobs and a future will suffer even more. Within the next few years, Medicare, Social Security and Obamacare will go bankrupt, and extreme measures will need to be taken. There will be social unrest, and civil liberties will be curtailed. No wonder they are building so many drones.
That is the “radical,” “nerdy” — actually, terrifying — warning Mr. Ryan is trying to get across to Americans.
Grady Means is a businessman, former assistant to Vice President Nelson Rockefeller and former economist at the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public