- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
MEANS: Romney-Ryan ticket is history-shaping choice
Americans deciding the world’s economic future
If Mr. Obama wins, investment capital will stay exactly where it is — on the sidelines. The U.S. economy will worsen, as will Europe’s and Asia’s. The U.S. budget deficit and debt will skyrocket. There will be no way to dig ourselves out so we will become bankrupt. Unemployment will go up. The poor and young looking for jobs and a future will suffer even more. Within the next few years, Medicare, Social Security and Obamacare will go bankrupt, and extreme measures will need to be taken. There will be social unrest, and civil liberties will be curtailed. No wonder they are building so many drones.
That is the “radical,” “nerdy” — actually, terrifying — warning Mr. Ryan is trying to get across to Americans.
Grady Means is a businessman, former assistant to Vice President Nelson Rockefeller and former economist at the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'