- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Obama, Romney in dead heat as voter bases stick
Enthusiasm over candidates grows, but independents show little trust
Question of the Day
In order to secure a spot in the presidential debates, he will have to get at least 15 percent support in a cross section of polls, according to the rules laid down by the bipartisan commission that arranges the debates.
As for Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney, their supporters are warming to them. In July’s survey, only 57 percent of Mr. Obama’s supporters said they were voting for him because they thought he was the best man for the job — as opposed to simply being the lesser of two evils, or a vote against his opponent.
About 51 percent of Mr. Romney’s supporters said he was the best pick.
But in the latest survey, 66 percent of each man’s supporters now say they are backing their choice because he is the best candidate for the job.
The poll has a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points. In this poll, which was weighted for demographic purposes, those who didn’t have a definitive choice for president were asked which way they leaned, and those were included in the head-to-head tally.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Stephen Dinan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Senate approves money for Israel's Iron Dome defense
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- McConnell to Obama: Quit fundraising, start leading on border
- Harry Reid threatens to cancel weekends
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors