- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Worldwide wins: 63.
Majors: U.S. Open (1994, 1997), British Open (2002, 2012).
Best 2012 performances: Won the British Open.
2012 majors: Masters-DNP, US Open-9, British Open-1.
Backspin: Is the Big Easy more like Padraig Harrington or Darren Clarke? Harrington in 2008 was the last player to follow a British Open title with the PGA Championship. On other side is Clarke, who finally captured a major at age 42 and spent the next year celebrating. Els could be somewhere in between. He won his fourth major and has long felt he belonged in the Seve Ballesteros (5 majors) or Nick Faldo (6 majors) territory. He says he quit thinking about the career Grand Slam. Expect an easy approach to Kiawah, for it’s the Masters next April that really gets his attention.
Country: United States.
World ranking: 13.
Worldwide wins: 5.
Best 2012 performances: Won the WGC-Match Play Championship and Houston Open.
2012 majors: Masters-T12, US Open-T38, British Open-T19.
Backspin: Mahan is perplexed why he is only No. 8 in the Ryder Cup standings with two wins this year, including a World Golf Championship. Part of that is his moderate performances in the majors. As well as he hits the ball, that remains the one thing holding him back from being mentioned with the elite. His lone chance was the U.S. Open at Bethpage, when his shot to the 16th hit the pin and caromed away. He no longer surprises anyone, but he could sneak up on this one.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq