- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Worldwide wins: 2.
Majors: PGA Championship (2011).
Best 2012 performances: Tie for 2nd at Northern Trust Open.
2012 majors: Masters-T27, US Open-T68, British Open-T34.
Backspin: The good news for Bradley is that he has never missed a cut in a major. The flip side is that his winning percentage has dropped from 100 percent after winning the PGA last year to 25 percent. The trick will be not paying attention to the Ryder Cup. He’s ninth in the standings, after getting bypassed last year for the Presidents Cup. He was clutch at Riviera to get into a playoff, and he never looks like he’s too far off. Only one player _ Tiger Woods _ has won back-to-back at the PGA since it went to stroke play.
Country: United States.
World ranking: 5.
Worldwide wins: 3.
Majors: U.S. Open (2012).
Best 2012 performances: Won the U.S. Open.
2012 majors: Masters-T44, US Open-1, British Open-DNP.
Backspin: Introductions might be in order. Simpson has not played since the Travelers Championship, one week after he won the U.S. Open. He went home to North Carolina to be with his pregnant wife, skipping the British Open. She gave birth to a daughter. Simpson returns at the PGA Championship, which will be his first competition in six weeks. But we’re dealing with a guy who gets everything out of his game, and is very much at peace with himself.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors