- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Country: United States.
World ranking: 24.
Worldwide wins: 3.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Farmers Insurance Open.
2012 majors: Masters-T19, US Open-DNP, British Open-T3.
Backspin: He missed five tournaments because of a rib injury, which might have hurt his standing for the Ryder Cup team. All three of his wins have been from behind, which means he’s a guy who can go low on the last day. What was impressive about the British Open was his putting. Not so impressive was some wildness off the tee. He’s not terribly long (most guys are long enough, though), and he came away from Lytham needing to find a go-to shot under pressure. Also has been trying to find the right driver since his regular one broke earlier this year.
BO VAN PELT
Country: United States.
World ranking: 26.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq