- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Worldwide wins: 86.
Majors: Masters (1997, 2001, 2002, 2005), U.S. Open (2000, 2002, 2008), British Open (2000, 2005, 2006), PGA Championship (1999, 2000, 2006, 2007).
Best 2012 performances: Wins at Arnold Palmer Invitational, Memorial, AT&T National.
2012 majors: Masters-T40, US Open-T21, British Open-T3.
Backspin: There should be no more questions about whether Woods is “back” based on his swing. He has won three times this year, and no one has won more in one season on the PGA Tour since … Woods in 2009. But no one will think of him as being “back” until he wins another major. The game is fine. He doesn’t hole as many putts as he once did, but that was bound to happen. No one said this about Woods before, but what he needs to win a major is a few good breaks.
World ranking: 62.
Worldwide wins: 19.
Majors: British Open (2007, 2008), PGA Championship (2008).
Best 2012 performances: Tie for 4th in the U.S. Open.
2012 majors: Masters-T8, US Open-T4, British Open-T39.
Backspin: There is a feeling Harrington is getting closer to form, as he showed at the U.S. Open and Irish Open. Throw in a little experience on Kiawah Island from the World Cup in 1997 _ OK, he was only 26 _ and he could surprise a few people. The key will be to narrow his misses and to stay in the game for the first three days, and then have his eyes get wide and his tongue hang out of the side of his mouth on the back nine Sunday.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world