- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
PGA Championship capsules
Worldwide wins: 86.
Majors: Masters (1997, 2001, 2002, 2005), U.S. Open (2000, 2002, 2008), British Open (2000, 2005, 2006), PGA Championship (1999, 2000, 2006, 2007).
Best 2012 performances: Wins at Arnold Palmer Invitational, Memorial, AT&T National.
2012 majors: Masters-T40, US Open-T21, British Open-T3.
Backspin: There should be no more questions about whether Woods is “back” based on his swing. He has won three times this year, and no one has won more in one season on the PGA Tour since … Woods in 2009. But no one will think of him as being “back” until he wins another major. The game is fine. He doesn’t hole as many putts as he once did, but that was bound to happen. No one said this about Woods before, but what he needs to win a major is a few good breaks.
World ranking: 62.
Worldwide wins: 19.
Majors: British Open (2007, 2008), PGA Championship (2008).
Best 2012 performances: Tie for 4th in the U.S. Open.
2012 majors: Masters-T8, US Open-T4, British Open-T39.
Backspin: There is a feeling Harrington is getting closer to form, as he showed at the U.S. Open and Irish Open. Throw in a little experience on Kiawah Island from the World Cup in 1997 _ OK, he was only 26 _ and he could surprise a few people. The key will be to narrow his misses and to stay in the game for the first three days, and then have his eyes get wide and his tongue hang out of the side of his mouth on the back nine Sunday.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014