- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
PGA Championship capsules
Worldwide wins: 5.
Best 2012 performances: Tie for 3rd at the Tournament of Champions.
2012 majors: Masters-T27, US Open-T56, British Open-Cut.
Backspin: Sticking with the South Carolina theme (see Dustin Johnson) and the notion that in the last five years, the majors have delivered winners that not many saw coming (show of hands for Keegan Bradley? Lucas Glover? Zach Johnson?). He grew up in the Palmetto State and went to Clemson, and plays out of Sea Island about two hours down the coast. He’s a long hitter and a very good iron player. Plus, he has made two cuts in the majors this year. His last cut in a major was in 2007 at Carnoustie.
Country: United States.
World ranking: 20.
Worldwide wins: 2.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Wells Fargo Championship.
2012 majors: Masters-T27, US Open-T41, British Open-T31.
Backspin: His breakthrough, with due respect to the Korea Open, came in May at Quail Hollow when he beat Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points in a playoff for his first PGA Tour win. He was a runner-up the next week at The Players Championship, finished a distant fifth at Colonial … and then went quiet. He will have played only four times in 10 weeks when he gets to the final major of the year. He’s either in a lull or bracing for a big finish. The hunch here is the latter.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
White House pets gone wild!