- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
PGA Championship capsules
Worldwide wins: 5.
Best 2012 performances: Tie for 3rd at the Tournament of Champions.
2012 majors: Masters-T27, US Open-T56, British Open-Cut.
Backspin: Sticking with the South Carolina theme (see Dustin Johnson) and the notion that in the last five years, the majors have delivered winners that not many saw coming (show of hands for Keegan Bradley? Lucas Glover? Zach Johnson?). He grew up in the Palmetto State and went to Clemson, and plays out of Sea Island about two hours down the coast. He’s a long hitter and a very good iron player. Plus, he has made two cuts in the majors this year. His last cut in a major was in 2007 at Carnoustie.
Country: United States.
World ranking: 20.
Worldwide wins: 2.
Best 2012 performances: Won the Wells Fargo Championship.
2012 majors: Masters-T27, US Open-T41, British Open-T31.
Backspin: His breakthrough, with due respect to the Korea Open, came in May at Quail Hollow when he beat Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points in a playoff for his first PGA Tour win. He was a runner-up the next week at The Players Championship, finished a distant fifth at Colonial … and then went quiet. He will have played only four times in 10 weeks when he gets to the final major of the year. He’s either in a lull or bracing for a big finish. The hunch here is the latter.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again