- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
PGA Championship capsules
Question of the Day
Country: Northern Ireland.
World ranking: 3.
Worldwide wins: 6.
Majors: U.S. Open (2011).
Best 2012 performances: Won the Honda Classic.
2012 majors: Masters-T40, US Open-Cut, British Open-T60.
Backspin: It’s hard to believe that McIlroy was on the verge of establishing himself at No. 1 when he stood over a 15-foot birdie putt on the last hole at Quail Hollow for the win. He lost in a playoff, and soon had a hard time making cuts as questions swirled about whether his romance with Caroline Wozniacki was holding him back. Welcome to the spotlight, kid. Equally hard to believe is that tie for 40th in the Masters would be his best performance in the majors to date. The talent hasn’t left him.
Country: South Africa.
World ranking: 15.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Sebelius adds another Obamacare exemption
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow