- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
Straw donor’s firm hit with big D.C. tax lien
Belle linked to Gray campaign finances probe
Harris pleaded guilty July 10 to conspiring to disguise the source of campaign contributions in federal and local elections, including the 2010 D.C. mayoral campaign. She also admitted taking part in steps to conceal the illegal activities, including the filing of an amended tax return in December as part of an effort to conceal her businesses’ involvement in funding hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign-related expenditures. In addition, she admitted to causing others to destroy a large volume of records from her businesses because they could have revealed the extent of her involvement in the mayoral election.
She entered her plea before U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly. No sentencing date was set. Facing up to three years in prison and fines totaling $250,000, Harris agreed to cooperate in a continuing investigation as part of her plea agreement.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Stung by defeat: SEC hires trial consultants
- Solaria? Solyndra? Feds bailed on promising solar company, lawsuit says
- Last call: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown
- Federal prosecutors drop charges against defendants who disappeared
- Bankrupt energy company probed
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- NSA monitored 'World of Warcraft' players
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
This column will cover the experiential spectrum of music as well as politics and all the things caught in between.
Listening to the heartbeat of Louisiana, including events, food, family and culture.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow