- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Olympics 2012: Checking in on the D.C., Maryland and Virginia athletes
Question of the Day
Checking in on athletes from the District, Maryland and Virginia in the London Olympics
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The U.S. Elliot 6m boat skippered by Anna Tunnicliffe and crewed by Debbie Capozzi (both of Old Dominion) won its first race against Finland on Tuesday to stay alive in the best-of-five quarterfinals but was eliminated in the second race of the day.
“We sailed this whole regatta the best we could and it just wasn’t meant to be,” Tunnicliffe told the AP.
OTHERS OF NOTE
T’Erea Brown (Hampton, Va.) finished sixth in the 400-meter hurdles final at 55.07 seconds.
Nene (Washington Wizards) had seven points and 12 rebounds as Brazil fell 82-77 to Argentina in the quarterfinals. Washington teammate Kevin Seraphin played only 6:31, scoring two points, in France’s 66-59 loss to Spain.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener