- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
American Scene: Rescued woman knew she’d never see boyfriend again
Question of the Day
CARSON CITY — A Nevada woman who survived six frigid days in the mountains said in an interview aired Monday that she had asked her boyfriend not to venture out for help after their Jeep became mired in mud on a back road.
“I knew I was never going to see him again,” Ms. Lane, 46, said on NBC’s “Today” show.
Autopsies confirm bodies are missing Iowa cousins
EVANSDALE — Police in Iowa say an autopsy has confirmed that two bodies found last week in a wildlife area are those of two young cousins who have been missing since the summer.
Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, had been missing since July 13 when they went for a bike ride and didn’t return.
Hunters found their bodies last week in the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area, about 25 miles from where the girls were last seen.
Orthodox counselor guilty in sexual abuse of a child
NEW YORK — A religious counselor in New York’s ultraorthodox Jewish community was convicted Monday of sexually abusing a girl who came to him with questions about her faith.
Nechemya Weberman, 54, was convicted of 60 counts, including sustained sex abuse of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and other counts. He faces 25 years in prison on the top charge and two to seven years on the lesser charges.
The accuser, now 18, told authorities he abused her repeatedly from the time she was 12 until she was 15.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world