- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
UK police arrest 6th person in sex abuse probe
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - British police on Monday arrested another suspect in the sex abuse probe spurred by allegations against the late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile.
The Metropolitan Police said officers arrested a man in his 60s on suspicion of sexual offences. The man, who was not identified, was taken to a London police station for questioning and was later released on bail until January, Scotland Yard said.
Six people have been arrested while a seventh has been questioned. No one has been charged.
The arrest is the latest in Operation Yewtree, a broad investigation into child sex abuse spurred by the case of Savile, a popular BBC children's program presenter who has been accused of serial sex abuse of underage girls. Police say there may be several hundred victims of Savile, who died last year aged 84.
The Savile allegations have embarrassed the BBC, which has been accused of failing to report on investigations into Savile's alleged crimes. BBC Director-general George Entwistle was forced to resign last month over the broadcaster's handling of the scandal.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq