- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Eagles’ LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick practicing; Robbie Gould’s season over
Rookie Bryce Brown, a seventh-round pick, filled in nicely for McCoy. He had 347 yards rushing in his first two starts before being held to just 6 yards on 12 carries against Tampa Bay’s top-ranked run defense.
The Eagles (4-9) have been eliminated from playoff contention.
Bears’ Gould on IR with calf injury
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Chicago kicker Robbie Gould will miss the rest of the season after injuring his left calf, another blow to the stumbling Bears with a big NFC North showdown coming up Sunday against the Packers.
The Bears placed Gould on injured reserve Tuesday and signed veteran kicker Olindo Mare to a one-year contract. They also placed cornerback Sherrick McManis (knee) and safety Craig Steltz (chest) on IR while signing linebacker Jerry Franklin to a two-year deal, elevating receiver Joe Anderson from the practice squad and waiving offensive lineman Andre Gurode.
Around the league
RAVENS: Rookie cornerback Asa Jackson has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s policy on performance enhancing substances. Jackson has played the past three weeks on special teams after being inactive for Baltimore’s first 10 games. He has one tackle. Jackson was a fifth-round pick out of Cal Poly.
STEELERS: Rookie guard David DeCastro is on track to make his starting debut Sunday at Dallas. The 24th overall pick in April, DeCastro suffered a torn MCL during the Steelers’ third preseason game and did not return to practice until mid-November. He was in uniform the past two games but only used on special teams.
PACKERS: Green Bay signed defensive tackle Jordan Miller to the active roster from the practice squad and released linebacker Vic So’oto. The Packers made the moves two days after playing Sunday night with only four defensive linemen because of injuries to defensive ends C.J. Wilson and Mike Neal.
JETS: New York is bringing back wide receiver Braylon Edwards, less than a week after he bashed the organization in support of quarterback Mark Sanchez. Edwards, who played for New York from 2009-10, was waived by Seattle on Monday. He had two productive seasons with the Jets.
COWBOYS: Funeral services are scheduled for Friday in St. Louis for NFL player Jerry Brown, who was a linebacker on the Dallas’ practice squad. He died in a suspected drunken-driving accident Saturday. Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent was the driver and is charged with intoxication manslaughter.
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again