- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Serbs were ethnic-cleansing victims
Question of the Day
The piece reads, in part, “Croatia’s national independence finally has been secured.” However, it should also be remembered that in 1941, Hitler granted Croatia independence for being his loyal ally, and according to the Simon Wiesenthal Institute, 40,000 Jews, 29,000 Gypsies and 600,000 Serbs were murdered.
The piece claims that hundreds of thousands of Bosnians and Croatians were slaughtered by Slobodan Milosevic’s forces. Not so, according to a BBC report of 2002, which said, “Some 40,000 civilians were murdered as Serbs, Muslims and Croats fought for control of Bosnia from 1992 to 1995.” During Operation Storm in 1995, ethnic Serbs were driven out of the Krajina region of Croatia. More than 250,000 Krajina Serbs were ethnically cleansed from their ancestral homes and thousands were slaughtered. Approximately 650,000 Serbs have been driven out of Croatia since 1992 with little prospect of ever returning.
Croatian Gen. Mladen Markac participated in a joint criminal enterprise, the purpose of which was the permanent removal of the Serb population from the Krajina region. In 2012, Croatian Gen. Ante Gotovina was convicted of having sought the permanent removal of the ethnic Serb population from the Krajina region during the war for Croatia’s independence in 1995.
The reversal of war crimes committed by both generals further proves that the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia was created only to prosecute and convict Serbs.
STELLA L. JATRAS
Camp Hill, Pa.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit