- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Serbs were ethnic-cleansing victims
Question of the Day
The piece reads, in part, “Croatia’s national independence finally has been secured.” However, it should also be remembered that in 1941, Hitler granted Croatia independence for being his loyal ally, and according to the Simon Wiesenthal Institute, 40,000 Jews, 29,000 Gypsies and 600,000 Serbs were murdered.
The piece claims that hundreds of thousands of Bosnians and Croatians were slaughtered by Slobodan Milosevic’s forces. Not so, according to a BBC report of 2002, which said, “Some 40,000 civilians were murdered as Serbs, Muslims and Croats fought for control of Bosnia from 1992 to 1995.” During Operation Storm in 1995, ethnic Serbs were driven out of the Krajina region of Croatia. More than 250,000 Krajina Serbs were ethnically cleansed from their ancestral homes and thousands were slaughtered. Approximately 650,000 Serbs have been driven out of Croatia since 1992 with little prospect of ever returning.
Croatian Gen. Mladen Markac participated in a joint criminal enterprise, the purpose of which was the permanent removal of the Serb population from the Krajina region. In 2012, Croatian Gen. Ante Gotovina was convicted of having sought the permanent removal of the ethnic Serb population from the Krajina region during the war for Croatia’s independence in 1995.
The reversal of war crimes committed by both generals further proves that the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia was created only to prosecute and convict Serbs.
STELLA L. JATRAS
Camp Hill, Pa.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business