- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
1965 Dodge Coronet has been the best car for 40 years
In 1965 newlywed Robert Wright was a mechanic working at Kirby Dodge at 10th Street and Fairfax Drive in Arlington.
He and his bride, Shirley, had been discussing a new car, but talk is as far as they had progressed. At work Mr. Wright had seen a picture of the new 1966 Dodge and decided he liked the 1965 model better.
With that decision made, the couple settled on a 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 two-door hardtop, ruby red with a white stripe within the chrome trim on the rear fenders. He insisted on the 426-cubic-inch ‘wedge’ V-8 engine that produces a whopping 365 horsepower while Mrs. Wright, who was going to be the principal driver, was just as adamant that the transmission be automatic.
The 17-foot-long Dodge, which weighs 3,180 pounds, came dressed with a white headliner. Everything else in the cabin was a maroon color regardless of the type of material - vinyl, fabric or carpet.
The chrome-plated windshield frame and 360-degree horn ring add sparkle to the interior.
A set of 8.25x14-inch Goodyear Power Cushion tires mounted on a 117-inch wheelbase support the powerful Dodge.
Optional equipment on the car includes:
*Full wheel covers
*Retractable seat belts
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.