- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
Discovery Channel close to deal on Eurosport
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - The parent company of the Discovery Channel is close to buying a stake in Europe’s leading sports network, Eurosport.
TF1, the Paris-based media group that owns Eurosport, says Discovery Communications could pay (EURO)170 million in cash for a 20 percent stake in Eurosport.
The planned deal gives Discovery the option of lifting its stake in Eurosport to 51 percent in two years, and gives TF1 the option of then selling the remaining 49 percent to Discovery as well.
The two companies are also negotiating for Discovery to take 20 percent stakes in a range of TF1’s smaller theme channels for (EURO)14 million.
An agreement is expected to be signed in the coming weeks, TF1 says.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida judge slaps GOP's redistricting plans: You 'made a mockery' of process
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- EXCLUSIVE: Head of trademark office accused of nepotism
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs