- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
AL GORE ASKS HOLLYWOOD FOR MORE CLIMATE CHANGE STORYLINES
The former vice president and face of “An Inconvenient Truth” fears global warming is slipping off the radar.
THR COVER: THE ANGSTY EXISTENCE OF JUDD APATOW
The writer and director of “This Is 40” on his childhood issues, therapy and how he’s gotten over being angry: “I would get so out of control.”
PBS’ `FRONTLINE,’ ESPN’S `OUTSIDE THE LINES' LAUNCH CONCUSSION TRACKER
The database tracks weekly concussions sustained by players and lets users report big hits and possible injuries.
HOW TO SELL `ZERO DARK THIRTY’S’ TORTURE
ANALYSIS: WHY STUDIOS DON’T PAY TO MAKE MOVIES ANYMORE
Fewer films, framed-out risk, less cachet — why Hollywood now operates under dramatically different rules.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again