- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
AL GORE ASKS HOLLYWOOD FOR MORE CLIMATE CHANGE STORYLINES
The former vice president and face of “An Inconvenient Truth” fears global warming is slipping off the radar.
THR COVER: THE ANGSTY EXISTENCE OF JUDD APATOW
The writer and director of “This Is 40” on his childhood issues, therapy and how he’s gotten over being angry: “I would get so out of control.”
PBS’ `FRONTLINE,’ ESPN’S `OUTSIDE THE LINES' LAUNCH CONCUSSION TRACKER
The database tracks weekly concussions sustained by players and lets users report big hits and possible injuries.
HOW TO SELL `ZERO DARK THIRTY’S’ TORTURE
ANALYSIS: WHY STUDIOS DON’T PAY TO MAKE MOVIES ANYMORE
Fewer films, framed-out risk, less cachet — why Hollywood now operates under dramatically different rules.
FIRST BATMOBILE COULD FETCH MILLIONS AT AUCTION
Built for the 1960s ABC show, the modified Ford Futura goes on the block in January.
`HOMELAND’S’ ABU NAZIR WEARS CHRISTMAS SWEATER, WANTS TO DO COMEDY
Actor Navid Negahban, who played the terrorist on the hit series, tells THR he’s pushing the network for a role on “Shameless” and wouldn’t mind “House of Lies.”
TV’S UNFUNNY FALL: WHY ARE COMEDIES FLOPPING?
With “Go On” the only “hit” of the freshman crop, new sitcom blocks are tanking and hyped first-year series are pulling anemic numbers — and those are the shows that are still on the air.
AZIZ ANSARI REVEALED AS VOICE BEHIND POPULAR `HOMELAND’ TWITTER PARODY
The “Parks and Recreation” star’s bogus account, SergeantBrody, amassed more than 28,000 followers before the comedian accidentally unmasked himself by posting a tweet to his personal feed.
ANALYSIS: HOW THE NHL’S LOCKOUT HURTS NBC
The work stoppage, which comes on the heels of the L.A. Kings’ first championship, has chilled momentum at the network’s sports group.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow