- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Principal killed in shooting posted of lifelong learning awaiting ‘Kinders’
The day before she was killed in one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history, Newtown, Conn., Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung posted a final Twitter message about some of the books that she and her staff had planned to look over during the day.
"Setting up for the Sandy Hook nonfiction book preview for staff ... Common Core, here we come," school principal Dawn Hochsrung posted.
Earlier in the week, Ms. Hochsprung posted a picture of the school's fourth grade class practicing for a winter concert.
"A talented group," she posted.
While many of Ms. Hochsprung's messages dealt with the routine business of running an elementary school, one of the first posts from her account welcomed the school's newest students back in August.
"Welcoming our Kinders this morning ... 74 new opportunities to inspire lifelong learning!"
On Friday, Ms. Hochsrung would be among those killed in the horrific attack that took the lives of more than two dozen people, mostly children, while multiple media outlets reported that the shooter had fatally shot his mother in a kindergarten classroom.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jim McElhatton is an investigative reporter for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- HHS nominee got $1.2M at 'zero' salary job at Wal-Mart
- Federal workers watch 'Star Trek' on clock
- Sen. Menendez pal Salomon Melgen collected $20 million from Medicare
- U.S. picks up $700 million tab for coalition's food and laundry in Afghanistan
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.