- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
Hamilton, Angels finalize $125M, 5-year deal
Hamilton interjected, saying, “She said, `You should have put a ring on it.’”
He said he met with Daniels a week earlier and “told him where my heart was. I was feeling like it was time for me to move on in general. There was no specific thing, like I’m upset or anything like that. It was just time to move on.”
The slugger was considered a risk by some teams because of his history of alcohol and substance abuse, which derailed his career before his surge with the Rangers over the past five seasons. Hamilton had a relapse with alcohol last January and another one in 2009.
“I have a past history of making mistakes with drugs and alcohol, drinking twice in seven years, which is not good for me,” he said. “They’re going to help me with my support system to put things in place that I had with the Rangers. Nothing that is straining the organization or the clubhouse.”
However, Moreno said there’s no special protection for the Angels in Hamilton’s contract if he relapses other than what is standard in any MLB contract.
Shayne Kelley, who worked in a support role for Hamilton in Texas, will be a daily presence with the team, according to Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto.
“We’ve done our fair share of due diligence,” Dipoto said.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Minister: Iceland refused to help FBI on WikiLeaks
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow