- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
CURL: Time to own the election, America
Question of the Day
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.” Gerald Ford said that — right before he lost to the first free-handout president, Jimmy Carter.
So, America, it’s time to pay the piper. Mr. Obama has promised you prosperity, as long as you toe the line, do as you’re told and send in trillions of your hard-earned money. For his part, he’ll do — absolutely nothing. He’ll simply spend your bankroll however he sees fits, and in the end, decide whether you deserve to get any of your own money back. Oh, and on top of that, what you’re already giving the government isn’t enough — he’ll be taking more real soon.
It’s what you voted for, America. So suck it up and own it.
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq