- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
CURL: Time to own the election, America
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.” Gerald Ford said that — right before he lost to the first free-handout president, Jimmy Carter.
So, America, it’s time to pay the piper. Mr. Obama has promised you prosperity, as long as you toe the line, do as you’re told and send in trillions of your hard-earned money. For his part, he’ll do — absolutely nothing. He’ll simply spend your bankroll however he sees fits, and in the end, decide whether you deserve to get any of your own money back. Oh, and on top of that, what you’re already giving the government isn’t enough — he’ll be taking more real soon.
It’s what you voted for, America. So suck it up and own it.
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again