- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Man killed and two injured in Gaithersburg car wreck
One person was killed and another two injured after an early Sunday car crash in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County police said.
Luis Kenyo Chambergo-Chanco, 21, of the 18300 block of Lost Knife Circle in Montgomery Village, died from his injuries after his car crossed the street into oncoming traffic and collided with another vehicle. The driver and passenger in the other vehicle were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash, according to police, happened at about 12:09 a.m. along Snouffer School Road just north of Centerway Road. Early investigation showed that Mr. Chambergo-Chanco was in his 2001 Honda Civic traveling southbound on Snouffer School Road when he crossed into the northbound lanes and crashed into a 2009 Nissan Rogue driven by 48-year-old Tamara Rabinovich of Gaithersburg. Also in the Nissan was 48-year-old Gaithersburg resident Sergey Petrovich Kleyman.
Police were still investigating Sunday what caused Mr. Chambergo-Chanco's car to travel into the wrong driving lane.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- No rest for the retired: Cardinal McCarrick on a mission for peace in Africa
- The sun also rises on Easter in the District
- Higher Ground: Colbert the Catholic
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.