- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Military Bowl 2012: RFK will host Bowling Green vs. San Jose St.
Question of the Day
San Jose State will meet Bowling Green in the Dec. 27 Military Bowl at RFK Stadium.
Bowl officials finalized the matchup late Sunday as part of a chain reaction that started with Mid-American Conference champion Northern Illinois earning a spot in the Orange Bowl.
San Jose State (10-2) accepted an invitation to the five-year-old bowl Friday. The Spartans, ranked 24th in the final regular season Associated Press poll, are making their first postseason appearance since 2006 and just their second since 1990.
Quarterback David Fales has thrown for 3,798 yards and 31 touchdowns and ranks third nationally in passing efficiency for San Jose State, which defeated Navy 12-0 in Annapolis earlier this season.
Bowling Green (8-4) is making its first postseason appearance since the 2009 Humanitarian Bowl. The Falcons are coached by former Dave Clawson, who was the head coach at the University of Richmond from 2004 through 2007. It will be the first meeting between the schools.
The Military Bowl originally had agreements for Army and the No. 8 selection from the ACC. The Black Knights (2-9) long ago clinched a losing season, while the ACC produced only six bowl-eligible teams.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world