- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 26-Dec. 2)
Question of the Day
Pollster John Zogby grades the president's week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
"Let's be blunt.
"The president won a majority of the popular vote and 332 electoral votes. The GOP lost seats in the both the House and the Senate. Voters supported a tax increase on Americans with household incomes over $250,000. The GOP has lost a few congressional members and leading pundits who have publicly said that revenues must be on the table. The GOP is not only split, but also checkmated.
"If Congress holds out on negotiations, they risk alienating moderates (who gave Mr. Obama overwhelming support) and caving in to their base, who are not enough to win a national election (and who are a declining breed demographically). If they compromise with the president, they placate moderates and risk a massive revolt among conservatives.
"The GOP would be forced to rebuild and rebrand itself either way. If the budget goes over the fiscal cliff, the Republicans will lose — just as they lost when they allowed the government to shut down in the past. While this drama is playing out, the president gets to look like a president, present offers that are similar to what he won on, and watch those who oppose him fight among themselves.
"Make no mistake, there will be a deal, and the president will be viewed favorably."
Last week's grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world