- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Redskins’ Kai Forbath, still kicking up a storm, sets NFL record
Question of the Day
“Anytime you get a guy like Tyler Polumbus that can’t play, a guy like Mo Hurt comes in, starting the year out as a guard and you’re down to your fourth right tackle and he comes in and plays at a very high level,” Shanahan said. “I’m very impressed with him.”
Graham finished with a team-high seven tackles, including one notable one for a loss on Redskins running back Alfred Morris, but he did not register a sack.
Hurt made eight starts at left guard last season; this was his first career start at right tackle.
“[The hardest adjustment was] the space you have to deal with at tackle, the different type of athletes you have to deal with at tackle,” Hurt said. “Combined with those things and having to block guys off the edge and whatnot are things you don’t really have to deal with at guard. You’re out there, you adjust and you try to make the best of the situation.”
Cooley makes first catch
Tight end Chris Cooley made 428 catches during his first eight seasons with the Redskins, setting a franchise record along the way. On Sunday, the veteran who was cut during the preseason and then re-signed in October made No. 429 on an 8-yard pass from Robert Griffin III.
But something was different because this was his first catch of the year.
“It was fun because everyone on the sideline was excited for me,” Cooley said. “Oobviously, the first down’s a big deal, but there was a different excitement from all the guys around me, so it felt good.”
Cooley was well aware it was his first catch since coming back. For a guy who used to be such a prolific piece of the passing game, though, waiting this long for the first was a bit of a surprise.
“It’s the role that I’m in right now. It’s not weird to me,” Cooley said. “It’s just do what I can do for the team.”
• Safety DeJon Gomes suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee and was forced to leave the game. Shanahan said he did not know what degree of sprain it was and that Gomes would be evaluated more Monday.
• Cornerback Josh Wilson (shoulder) left briefly but returned. “It is what it is,” he said. “I guess in honor of Kellen Winslow Jr. I’m a soldier.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors