- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Kerry’s past exploits are telling
Sen. John F. Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, chose to harangue American troops during the Vietnam War instead of taking to task the communists who were slaughtering Asians and American troops wholesale. It is thoroughly disgusting.
Whether or not one thinks American involvement in Southeast Asia in the 1960s and ‘70s was warranted, there is no moral equivalence between the United States and the Viet Cong. The United States was aiding people fighting for some semblance of freedom against totalitarian rule. The Viet Cong, on the other hand, was killing people in order to impose communism, a deadly totalitarian system, in Vietnam.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies