- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Kerry’s past exploits are telling
Question of the Day
Sen. John F. Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, chose to harangue American troops during the Vietnam War instead of taking to task the communists who were slaughtering Asians and American troops wholesale. It is thoroughly disgusting.
Whether or not one thinks American involvement in Southeast Asia in the 1960s and ‘70s was warranted, there is no moral equivalence between the United States and the Viet Cong. The United States was aiding people fighting for some semblance of freedom against totalitarian rule. The Viet Cong, on the other hand, was killing people in order to impose communism, a deadly totalitarian system, in Vietnam.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job